Pilot site Križevci
Pilot site consists of an urban technology development centre with office buildings which is a part of town Križevci. The pilot site is focused on public buildings, mainly the technology park, where first Croatian citizen crowdfunded PV plant was built in 2018 through ZEZ’s crowdfunding platform. The PV system of 30 kW intended for self-consumption was installed within the facility, which is hosting some 30 organizations ranging from IT start-ups to chemical companies. An additional 30 kW PV system was installed in a nearby library in 2019, also to be used primarily for self-consumption.
The main challenge is the need of the organizations in the pilot site for a reliable power supply, highly relevant for their and city’s economic expansion. At the pilot site, the potential of co-optimization of electricity and heat with new co-ownership models for stimulating the investment in renewable energy will be utilized together with the establishment of an EnC. The aim is to develop additional PV production which is low in Croatia, as well as promoting prosumers and net metering which are still not widespread notions in the country.
The pilot site will increase power supply reliability in the office complex and improve the energy services for companies in the technology park and for the library nearby. The setup aims to test innovative blockchain technologies, including peer-to-peer market, which will also be a first of a kind application.
- Increased self-sufficiency of the technology park will be achieved and tested through additional system components installed and smart energy management tools developed in recent EU projects
- Creating new value through co-optimization of existing and new technologies (batteries, capacitor, EV charging point, heat exchanger)
- A replicable and scalable business model will be tested at the pilot site to encourage the development of small solar PV self-consumption solutions in Croatia
- Artificial intelligence and advanced forecasting tools will be tested to improve technical performance leading to increased economic benefit and profitability of the business model, which will be the first of a kind application
- By connecting all the mentioned technologies, it will be possible to apply innovative sharing economy concepts among the companies within the technology park by blockchain
- Crowdfunding campaign for an additional PV system (30 kW) on the library rooftop
- EnC creation
- PV charger and battery installed
- Electricity and heat optimization
- Tests at the fully established pilot site
- Mature and structured EnC
- Blockchain P2P trading tests
- Active dissemination of results